Evaluate your station’s fundraising performance and understand your full revenue potential with annual Benchmarks reports.
Member stations participating in Benchmarks will receive:
- The Trend Report: A year-over-year analysis of your station’s net revenue relative to the size of your audience.
- The Peer Report: An analysis of your station’s fundraising performance relative to other stations.
Together, these reports demonstrate how your membership, major giving, and underwriting programs perform over time. They also reveal your specific fundraising potential based on the performance of your peers.
The deadline for data submission is November 30, 2018.
New in 2018!
We’ve reworked Benchmarks data submission and reports to make them easier and more useful!
- Enjoy a better report layout that’s easier to navigate.
- Access your station’s data at your convenience on the Greater Public site with one login for your entire organization.
- Better understand your major giving growth with more detail about giving-levels.
- Track all corporate support revenue in one place with new event sponsorship and other non-broadcast, non-digital underwriting revenue detail.
Benchmarks delivers clear data that can help set your fundraising agenda for the coming year. It’s free to all Greater Public members!
The Benchmarks program is the only research that compares each station’s net revenue relative to the size of its audience so you get an apple-to-apples comparison. Nearly a hundred stations participate in Benchmarks each year, representing a cross section of market and station sizes and accounting for nearly 40 percent of the nation’s public radio listening.
With Benchmarks, you can:
- Discover where you have headroom to increase revenue.
- Make the case for increased attention or spending in an undeveloped area.
- Demonstrate your station’s fundraising efficiency relative to other similar stations.
- Find out if your fundraising covers your core operating costs.
- Examine your dependence on institutional subsidies relative to other stations.
I pore over our reports the moment they come in! [Those] reports help guide our strategy for the coming year. They tell us where we need to be.
WFDD has experienced a 68% growth in fundraising over the past three fiscal years. Over the past five years, we’ve built a reserve fund to support future needs. I’m not sure we would have had the confidence to strive for that growth if we weren’t looking at our Benchmarks reports and believing them.