Application Deadline: Friday, Dec 28, 2018
Help improve and promote Forest’s products and services to public broadcasting stations, specifically targeting public radio. The overall goal is to build awareness of Forest’s services and to strengthen bonds with public broadcasting stations to better serve their premium product and fulfillment needs.
This position will work with medium-large sized public radio stations to help maximize their net individual giving revenue. Forest provides public radio stations with a wide range of tools, products, services and opportunities to increase their financial health and sustainability. This position will be able to successfully build relationships across the local public radio station org chart – from the Development Associate to Membership Director, VP-Development and Station Managers.
Plans and executes station-specific proposals that integrate Forests’ key station programs and marketing objectives with the stations’ needs to deliver high net revenue results.
Act as a customer liaison by communicating with stations via e-mail, phone & visiting stations when appropriate.
Attend Public Broadcasting Conferences, which includes setting up the company’s booth, working in the booth (meeting, greeting and answering questions) and attending business dinners and functions with station and PBS, NPR, etc. reps.
Partner with upper management to develop pricing strategies, balancing firm revenue objectives and high customer satisfaction.
Investigate and initiate integrated revenue development models and projects from across the not-for-profit world that maximizes individual giving revenue on all platforms.
Manage, create and evangelize for innovative revenue building and membership engagement approaches inside Forest, with stations and throughout the public media industry at large.
Possesses the technical proficiency to create and deliver regular customer marketing communications using MailChimp or other like cloud-based e-mail marketing tools.
Interested in pubic radio and ready to become immersed in a vital and passionate industry.
Develops and executes special projects on an as-needed basis for the COO and Station Relations area.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated track record with goal-driven, time-based sales and/ or individual giving programs.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a combination of direct sales, media, annual giving and/ or broadcasting.
- Proven track record of aggressively driving multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to handle multiple and complex projects simultaneously under stringent timeframes.
- Demonstrated success generating and executing complex creative ideas.
- Excels at working in a virtual environment, excellent time management skills, proficiency with a wide range of data management, networking and communications software and technology.
- Proven ability to consistently work well with others, demonstrating at all times respect for the diverse constituencies within public media.
Deep passion for the mission and objectives of public media.