Application Deadline: Saturday, Jun 01, 2019
Between today and November 3, 2020, Americans will be more curious about the U.S. health care system than at any point since the passage of the Affordable Care Act. But if past is prologue, despite a hunger to better understand health care debates, many of us will remain in the dark. Tradeoffs, a dynamic new narrative-driven health policy podcast, will pair intricately woven stories with engaging expert analysis and sound research to inject clarity and empathy into these often confusing and polarizing conversations. We’re looking for a full-time Senior Producer to manage the production of approximately 28 episodes over a 13-month schedule, and advance our mission to help people on Main Street, Wall Street and Capitol Hill have smarter health policy conversations.
In this role you will…
Produce compelling, impactful and beautiful audio content:
- Create and manage recording and production calendars
- Oversee source contact development and news event calendar
- Manage storyboard process from conception to completion
- Conduct pre-interviews with sources and assist in episode research
- Prep hosts
- Cut tape to build narrative-driven stories using source interviews, archive materials and music
- Provide feedback on final edits from producers, editors and hosts
Build and lead a dynamic team:
- Directly supervise a production team to include: producer(s), editors, technical director, sound engineer, and composer
- Mentor student learners and interns
Work to the top of your license:
- Report from the field
- Prepare to be “on-air”
- Serve on strategic company-wide initiatives, projects and editorial boards
What you will bring:
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience managing the production of podcasts or national-level public radio programming, a track record of developing stories that draw on diverse perspectives and source lists, experience with audio editing software, and a passion for turning complicated topics into beautiful, memorable narratives. Familiarity with health care ideal, but not essential.
The other stuff:
- This is a full-time independent contractor position
- The Senior Producer will report directly to the Executive Producer and Founder
- Some travel is expected
- This position does not require relocation as duties can be completed remotely
All positions at Tradeoffs are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We seek to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Production: 5 years (Preferred)