Application Deadline: Friday, Jan 18, 2019
Colorado Public Radio has a rare opportunity for a seasoned media sales account executive to join its Development team as a Senior Underwriting Associate. The Senior Underwriting Associate will serve as a media sales professional representing Colorado Public Radio in Denver and on the Front Range of Colorado with responsibility for generating operating income through the sale of underwriting (advertising) – both on-air and digital – in support of individual and department revenue goals.
- Meet sales goal requirements while adhering to CPR guidelines and standards
- Schedule time each week for prospecting to meet monthly and annual goals
- Maintain and build relationships with new and existing accounts
- Qualify account needs, and demonstrate and sell the value of underwriting
- Support philanthropic giving as a collaborative partner with CPR’s Major Donor Department
- Work collaboratively with underwriting sales team, traffic and the entire CPR organization
Knowledge and competencies:
- Able to embrace the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio
- Skilled at cold calling prospects and motivated to build new account relationships
- Able to maintain strong rapport with existing accounts
- Comfortable with assessing account needs
- Proficient at presenting the value of CPR and knowledgeable about other media options
- Skilled at identifying and overcoming sales objections and able to close sales
- Proficient at writing a clear and compelling proposal, letter and e-mail
- Results oriented, collaborative, and adaptable to change
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of LinkedIn and other social media
- Five or more years of proven outside sales success required
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with “Underwriting Associate” in the subject line. Please also indicate where you learned of the open position.
Competitive salary and benefits. No phone calls or drop ins please.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.