Application Deadline: Thursday, Dec 27, 2018
Who We Are:
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is one of the nation’s premier public radio stations producing programming for radio, digital and live audiences and operates a 46-station radio network serving nearly all of Minnesota and parts of surrounding states. Reaching 1 million listeners each week, MPR and its three regional services’ MPR News, Classical MPR and The Current‘ produce programming for radio, digital and live audiences.
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California.
As the Digital Products Project Manager you will work in conjunction with the Director of Digital Products, Software Engineering team lead, Web Development team lead, Digital Product Designer, digital content leaders, and other leaders in the organization on strategic/organizational issues with the development of digital initiatives. You play a key role in managing projects, providing or coordinating business analysis, providing or coordinating quality assurance, and developing product and development priorities in line with strategic and organizational objectives.
Application deadline: December 27, 2018
- Coordinate key digital initiatives: Working with APM/MPR department leads and stakeholders to provide project management and coordination for digital product projects to insure implementation of plans.
- Develop project management timelines and other tools and techniques to organize deliverables and communicate the status of any individual project or the cumulative affect of all projects.
- Keep digital products staff and senior management informed of deliverables status.
- Work directly with software engineers, web developers and designers to coordinate project timelines, deliverables and testing.
- Provide or coordinate business analysis; such as requirements gathering and data analysis of digital products.
- Provide or coordinate quality assurance activities.
- Develop project plans based requirements gathered, estimates gathered from developers, and planning activities with stakeholders and other relevant internal and external departments
- Review grant proposals/reports to ensure activity is aligned with grant deliverables where applicable.
- Ensure alignment of APM/MPR projects with priorities in national and regional divisions. Act as point of contact between these areas to promote effective communication and cooperation.
- Implement best practices in project planning, communication and participant management.
- Participate in organization-wide activities aimed to strengthen project management through improved communication and early intervention as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in management, technology, non-profit/ public administration or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Seven or more years’ total professional experience.
- Five or more years’ experience managing projects.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Demonstrated success in planning for, leading and completing projects on time, on budget and within scope.
- Flexibility and ability to easily adapt to change
- Creative and interpretative judgments and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal presentation and writing skills
- Ability to represent the organization with 3rd parties
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Detail oriented, and well-organized with the capacity to develop, plan, coordinate, and report on projects
- Competent facilitator
- Team-building and communication skills
- Independence, initiative and good judgment: Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to gather research quickly and effectively from multiple sources.
- Strong collaborative management, coordination and planning skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and activities into coherent and compelling narratives
- Leadership qualities of presence, confidence, judgment, and integrity are required to command the respect and response of colleagues, and senior executive personnel
- Demonstrated commitment to public service mission
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and high level of accuracy and attention to details.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of broadcast and information technologies desirable.
- Knowledge of the public broadcasting system television and radio desirable.
- Experience in budget preparation, analysis, and monitoring.
Reporting To This Position: None
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.