Application Deadline: Friday, Aug 30, 2019
Who We Are:
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is one of the nation’s premier public radio stations producing programming for radio, digital and live audiences and operates a 46-station radio network serving nearly all of Minnesota and parts of surrounding states. Reaching 1 million listeners each week, MPR and its three regional services ‘MPR News, Classical MPR and The Current‘ produce programming for radio, digital and live audiences.
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California.
As the Membership Mid-Level Giving Manager, you are responsible for identifying, cultivating and stewarding MPR Members with potential for giving at Mid-Level amounts ($1,200-$2,499). Your role has a collaborative relationship with the Major Gifts and Membership teams. In your role, you will increase levels of giving for identified segments with higher giving potential, and create programs to reward, incentivize, and demonstrate value of Mid-Level giving. As the Membership Mid-Level Giving Manager, you will manage and build strategies for our Leadership Circle ($1200-$2500 annually), representing 3000+ Members and over $2M+ in annual revenue, while also providing a foundation and strategic counsel for the entirety of Mid-Level giving (up to $10,000).
This is a unique opportunity to develop a program to streamline the conversion of Members into higher-level donors through new combinations of mass fundraising and high-touch techniques to drive significant incremental revenue. As a part of the Membership team, your role will also assist in creation of strategies used to cultivate, retain and steward Members at all levels.
This position reports to the Director, Regional Membership and will work closely with the Director, Major and Planned Giving and the Manager of Donor Engagement.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Create and execute strategies to grow individual Membership giving in Mid-Level range. Meet revenue goals for Mid-Level giving.
- Collaborate with Major Gifts team to develop prospects for higher-level giving from MPR Membership.
- Create, manage, and execute strategies and tactics across all fundraising channels for Mid-Level donors, including on-air, direct mail, telemarketing, email and digital.
- Manage budgets for Mid-level program.
- Work with Membership team to coordinate communication and solicitation plans, with the goal of maximizing revenue in both areas.
- Serve as a personal point of contact for selected Members and prospects, providing excellent service and responding to inquiries quickly.
- Monitor and report on fundraising campaign results; use analysis to influence and educate future fundraising campaigns.
- With Membership Research and Development research teams, build both aggregate and individual knowledge of Mid-level donors and prospects.
- Work with Membership team to write compelling materials, including direct mail, telemarketing scripts, emails, on-air promo and more.
- With Community Relations, Communications, Major Gifts and other teams, utilize compelling impact stories and data for use in Mid-Level and other Membership communications.
- Serve as key contact for external consultants and other 3rd parties as needed.
- Work with Membership team to develop premiums and other recognition opportunities for Mid-Level donors.
- Create and implement stewardship strategy for all Members (Welcome, Gratitude, Advancement). Create journeys for Mid-level donors and prospects leading to acquisition, retention and advancement.
- Create and help implement event opportunities with an emphasis on cultivating/stewarding Mid-Level Members, including leveraging existing MPR events with other departments, digital events, and other MPR signature events such as Member Appreciation Week, the Minnesota State Fair, Rock the Garden and Rock the Cradle.
- Develop stewardship strategies that lead to higher retention and likeliness to upgrade.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years non-profit fundraising, including work with Mid-Level and Major donors.
- Experience with multi-channel fundraising, including direct mail, telemarketing, and email.
- Excellent fundraising and stewardship writing skills.
- Experience with event planning.
- Use of SalesForce or other donor CRM system to manage and profile donors.
- Fluency in MSOffice Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated success in applying a broad knowledge of effective development practices.
- Demonstrated success in planning for and completing projects on time, on budget and within scope.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Ability to gather research quickly and effectively from multiple sources.
- Ability to learn software applications when needed.
- Passion for the mission of MPR/APM.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with broadcast or cultural organization.
- Experience with WordPress, HTML or similar web development tools.
- Ability to engage with donors and prospects at all levels in person, on phone and in electronic communications.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.