Application Deadline: Sunday, Mar 31, 2019
Towson University Public Media / 89.7 WTMD, Baltimore, an NPR member station and service of Towson University is seeking an experienced, highly organized and creative problem solver to serve as our Membership & Marketing Coordinator.
We’re looking for someone who knows and loves public radio and will further WTMD’s mission of being the most trusted source of music in Baltimore and the surrounding region, through excellent fund raising and marketing skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in a nonprofit, marketing or public media setting.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated skills in creative fundraising and marketing with proven success in meeting measureable goals.
- Experience in digital marketing.
- Ability to participate in events frequently, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, with a goal-oriented work ethic.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficiency working with common Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, file sharing), Adobe Acrobat, social media platforms and familiarity with relationship management databases.
- Knowledge of and appreciation for public radio and non-profit business is a plus.
Towson University Public Media offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits; a talented and fun group of station colleagues; a large, enthusiastic audience, and a supportive and engaging environment to work in.
Membership & Marketing Coordinator
The Membership & Marketing Coordinator (MMC) supports the Director of Membership to ensure WTMD is maximizing its membership revenue stream, providing the highest quality of customer service and using innovative and creative ways to market the station. The MMC manages the WTMD volunteer program and helps run annual fund drives. The MMC also helps market and execute all WTMD events including our First Thursday Concerts series.
- Assists Director of Membership in management of sustaining membership program.
- Enters membership data including pledges into WTMD’s database.
- Regularly cleans database to remove duplicate entries, update records with current information, runs reports and other items that ensure the integrity of WTMD data.
- Monitors WTMD Membership and general email inboxes and voicemail inboxes.
- Keeps check log for Director of Finance.
- Works directly with WTMD’s Director of Membership in running fund drives: prepares pledge room, pre-fund drive logistics, helps with on-air pitching.
- Coordinates WTMD volunteers by scheduling them for fund drives, events and other activities. Recruits new volunteers through email and other solicitations.
- Secures food donations for fundraisers and other events.
- Assists in managing many of WTMD’s marketing efforts including direct mail, digital marketing, social media coordination, and helps to identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Maintains inventory of thank you gifts and orders when supplies are low. Mails gifts to members.
- Organizes and maintains Album of the Month Club program.
- Participation in development of WTMD’s Member Card.
- Helps plan, market and execute WTMD events on and off-site. Runs engagement tents at on and off-site events.
- On-site help running First Thursday Festival series.
- Contributes to the overall success of WTMD by performing all other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISION: The Membership & Marketing Coordinator is supervised by the Director of Membership and may supervise interns and volunteers.