Application Deadline: Friday, Mar 22, 2019
Blue Ridge Public Radio – the leading radio station in the dynamic Asheville, NC market – continues to grow. We own and operate two radio services – BPR News and BPR Classic – across a 13-county region in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
The Blue Ridge Public Radio Membership Manager reports to the Development Director to help define and implement strategies for the BPR annual membership program. The focus of the position is on BPR’s annual giving efforts for basic, sustainer, and mid-level donors. This key position calls for a disciplined, organized, and goal-oriented person who will increase the number of BPR members and the revenue received from annual giving by growing average gift size and improving donor retention.
- Manages all components of annual giving including on-air campaigns, direct mail, telemarketing, and digital platforms
- Uses industry resources and best practices for acquisition, renewal, add gift, lapsed, and sustainer programs to increase average gift, overall revenue, donor base, and retention rate
- Manages all vendor relationships for annual giving program, including online giving, direct mail services, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, payment systems, automatic updater services, telemarketing, in-bound answering service, email marketing, premiums and annual giving-related print and digital materials.
- Works with programming and production staff to create successful fundraising campaigns.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of mail, phone and digital solicitations and communications
- Works with development team to prepare annual budgets and define yearly work plans to include strategies for continued growth.
- Works collaboratively to determine station event strategies, planning and management.
- Manages non-traditional annual revenue streams, including Vehicle Donations, Car Raffle, event revenue, etc.
- Supervises the Development Associate in daily pledge processing, database entry, sustaining member updates, donor communications, cultivation records, premium fulfillment and acknowledgement letters.
- Generates end of month reports, including writes-offs, accrual, revenue, and cash projections.
- Manages the volunteer program including recruitment, training, and retention.
- Adheres to AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards to promote responsible, professional and ethical behavior in fundraising.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Five years of successful membership/annual gift fundraising.
- Advanced experience working with membership databases.
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills and computer literacy
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, establish priorities, and consistently meet required deadlines.
- Knowledge of and interest in public radio.