Application Deadline: Wednesday, Jul 17, 2019
About the position:
NHPR is seeking a Membership Director to provide thoughtful and strategic leadership to our membership fundraising program, which includes direct mail, on-air and digital fundraising, and the sustainer program. The Director’s goals will be focused on achieving significant membership growth by leveraging traditional direct and digital marketing techniques. She or he will provide detailed data analysis for effective decision making, and employ best practice tools and techniques to convert audience to donors and drive member engagement and retention. We are looking for a creative and collaborative leader with a strong commitment to public media. This position reports to the Vice President, Development and Marketing.
New Hampshire Public Radio is an independent and trusted source for news and information, and the state’s largest radio news service. NHPR’s newsroom, digital team, and original programs consistently earn national recognition for their in-depth reporting and production. NHPR is the winner of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 National Edward R. Murrow Award for overall excellence. We have over 21,000 member households, 60% of which are sustainers.
- Achieve revenue and member growth targets by maximizing effectiveness and efficiency of on-air and digital fundraising campaigns, direct mail, telemarketing, special events, and new fundraising programs
- Work with the Vice President, Development and Marketing and other staff to develop annual membership strategies and budgets
- Analyze and evaluate program performance and trends in order to achieve strategic fundraising objectives
- Lead the implementation of the annual membership operating plan and achieve annual goals in revenue, member acquisition and retention, sustainer growth and conversion, and moves management
- Supervise Membership Associate and work closely with Fundraising Systems Manager to ensure that NHPR carries out membership program initiatives and provides excellent customer service
- Enhance existing programs and mine the database for membership growth opportunities
- Work with content, digital, finance, and technology staff to ensure growth of individual giving from traditional and new audiences
- Work with Marketing to ensure effective messaging on multiple communication platforms, including on-air, print, and digital media
- Develop, monitor, and report on annual revenue and expense budget
- Manage consultant and vendor contracts to meet service and performance objectives
- Develop customer service guidelines and goals and ensure that they are met
- Ensure that the highest ethical and administrative standards are applied to fundraising and financial management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years of progressive membership fundraising experience or progressive experience with a complex, multi-channel annual fundraising program
- At least two years of supervisory experience
- Proven track record of strategic data analysis and achieving revenue targets
- Demonstrated success in digital fundraising strategies
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Budget or financial management experience
- Exceptional administrative and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with donor databases and software; experience using Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
NHPR is an equal opportunity employer
Please apply through the job opportunities page of our website, NHPR.org, or through this link: https://nhpr.applicantpro.com/jobs/1046039.html