Application Deadline: Monday, Jan 28, 2019
Marketing Manager at Greater Public
At Greater Public, we help make great public media happen. We do that by giving the people who raise money for public and independent media the tools and confidence to be simply great at what they do. We’ve helped public radio and television organizations raise tens of millions of dollars — support for the news and culture that makes communities richer and more connected.
As Marketing Manager, you are the key link between content creators, makers, and our users. You use analytics, intuition, and direct communication with our members to improve their experience on our digital properties. You run a sophisticated, niche email marketing program that gets our content into the hands of our members.
You also manage the Greater Public brand and the brand of public media’s largest annual professional event, the Public Media Development and Marketing Conference (PMDMC), using your refined eye for design and creativity to make us sparkle across all platforms.
- Cultivate a niche, highly-segmented and dynamic email engagement program of 300+ sends per year.
- Be part of a team of supportive professionals who value initiative, independence, and kindness.
- Use your content-strategy and user-experience knowledge to measurably increase the engagement of our members on our website and improve their learning experience.
- Flex your expertise as part of a small team that respects and devotes resources to your informed recommendations.
- Work for a nonprofit organization that’s making a national impact on the viability of independent news (public radio and podcast nerds need apply).
- Work on the best platforms available to small and mid-sized businesses, like Hubspot, Salesforce, WordPress, G-Suite, etc.
- Play a key role in implementing the Greater Public Member Code, an ambitious, multi-year project to elevate our service and customer engagement strategies into the realm of the truly innovative.
- Work from anywhere in the United States, including from home. Or, work from our Minneapolis headquarters.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Work with numerous internal and external partners in a deadline-heavy environment to oversee the implementation of the PMDMC brand across all channels and platforms, including email, PMDMC.org, conference app, on-site collateral, video, and photography, etc.
- Proactively meet with and build relationships with Greater Public content-makers as well as current designers, developers, agencies, etc. Develop an understanding of our key member personas, our technology, and how things get done at Greater Public. Immerse yourself in Greater Public’s rich library of content and get a grasp our content strategy and brand strengths/weaknesses.
- Learn the ropes and take over daily tasks of our email program. Also complete the Hubspot Inbound Training, Hubspot Advanced Email Marketing Certification, as well as attend Hubspot’s INBOUND conference.
- Take over regular content strategy and on-page promotion tasks for GreaterPublic.org and PMDMC.org, learning how to build pages, curate results, etc.
Within 12-18 months, you will:
Be highly independent and require minimal day-to-day management…
- Identify key opportunities to increase member engagement on GreaterPublic.org while managing a pipeline of improvements. You’ll use analytics and feedback to prioritize projects, advocate for appropriate resources, and carry them out them with external developers.
- Take full ownership of our email marketing program and develop a vision for future improvements and testing. You’ll dramatically increase the number of automated workflows that facilitate member engagement and develop systems to monitor and manage them.
- Build a bench of capable designers, developers, and agencies than you can tap for key projects.
- Serve as a project manager for key content pieces in development, using your good-naturedness to usher work forward with folks who don’t speak “content marketing” as a first language.
- Lead 1-2 key projects related to the implementation of the Greater Public Member Code, including a project to allow members to recommend and vote for their highest needs, and the revamping of our contact preferences and segmentation strategy.
The strongest applicants will have 4+ years of progressive marketing experience with emphasis on email marketing, content marketing, or digital project management. If you’re based in the Twin Cities, expect to travel 3-4 times per year. More travel is required for employees based elsewhere.
Greater Public is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We provide excellent full-time benefits including high-quality employer-paid healthcare, generous allowed leave benefits and employer retirement contributions matching up to 7.5%.
For questions, contact Andrew Leitch, Executive Director for Marketing and Member Relations, email@example.com. No calls please.