Application Deadline: Monday, Dec 31, 2018
The Manager of Development Services, Digital, manages station and partner relationships for the delivery and adoption of PBS digital fundraising products (e.g. PBS Passport). This position serves as a digital fundraising liaison between teams at PBS, stations, and strategic partners to increase local financial sustainability.
S/he contributes to the broader PBS digital fundraising team to ensure stations are trained and supported in their efforts to successfully acquire and retain members. This includes marketing and rollout of PBS digital fundraising products, services, and training opportunities to engage station professionals across the system in evolving fundraising practices. The new hire will reside in PBS Development Services, but work alongside a variety of team leads and representatives across the organization that are focused on digital products, content, marketing, social, on-air fundraising, analytics, technical support, and business development.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, implement and manage digital fundraising training initiatives with a goal of increasing product adoption and proficiency.
- Communicate digital fundraising product and content updates as well as departmental initiatives to PBS, station, and/or partner stakeholders.
- Project manage campaigns and initiatives related to digital fundraising products.
- Build station relationships through proactively addressing needs, fielding inquiries and delivering resources.
- Manage quarterly satisfaction/revenue surveys, establish and maintain reporting framework, analyze results, and present findings.
- Plan meetings and event logistics for partners, stations, and PBS stakeholders.
- Execute digital fundraising product marketing and outreach activities at PBS conferences, e.g. TechCon, Annual Meeting, PMDMC, etc.
- Work closely with project partners to prepare and deliver conference presentations, produce session content, and secure speakers.
- Support the department on broader campaign efforts and projects related to system sustainability.
- Publish blog posts and case studies highlighting digital fundraising, sustainers, and PBS Passport success across the system.
- Collaborate with Digital, Programming, Marketing, and On-Air Fundraising to manage tasks related training, adoption, and rollout of PBS products and fundraising best practices.
- Serve as a station resource for PBS Passport and digital fundraising initiatives.
- Manage PBS Passport and digital fundraising online communities.
- Develop, track, and manage budget(s) for specific projects or campaigns.
Requirements for success:
- 6+ years of work experience in the areas of product marketing, digital fundraising, membership, and/or nonprofit marketing and communication. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms and/or CRM/eCRM solutions
- Superb interpersonal and customer services skills
- Strong ability to be a collaborative contributor within multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent comprehension and strong proofreading skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive mindset, with the ability to effectively work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment in professional situations
- Strong ability to learn quickly and work with various media platforms
- Demonstrated competence using digital fundraising platforms and/or CRM/eCRM solutions
- Demonstrated competence using Microsoft office applications, including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Member station and/or federated system experience preferred
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities