Application Deadline: Friday, Sep 27, 2019
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and donor prospects with special focus on five figure annual gifts to support WHRO’s programs and services.
- Oversee portfolio of 150-200 donors and prospects, participating in regular portfolio review process and updating constituent records, as appropriate.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward select major gift prospects and donors. Develop individual donor strategies and materials to renew and upgrade existing donors and acquire new donor gifts as well as legacy gifts.
- Collaborate with development department and other employees throughout the company to create fundraising and outreach possibilities. Maintain detailed knowledge of programming on all WHRO platforms and initiatives to create donor engagement opportunities.
- Maintain schedule of face-to-face visits to steward existing donors and engage new donor prospects.
- Appear on air (both FM and TV) during on-air fundraising campaigns.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Development Officer
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated experience, success and progressing responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of five years’ experience
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in database management and Microsoft Office
- Ability to gather and analyze data and share findings
- Ability to communicate effectively, drive consensus, and influence relationships at all levels
- Passion for WHRO Public Media’s mission and have a deep understanding of the purposes and mission of public media
- Possess a valid driver’s license
To apply, please visit: https://corporate.whro.org/employment-opportunities/job-listings
WHRO is an equal opportunity employer.
We take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. We recognize that our continued success depends largely on the collective strengths of our employees. Developing the right mix of skills, ideas and individuals requires an unwavering commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and FCC compliance. Accordingly, we recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to an employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, veteran status or disability.
For additional information about this position, please contact: