Application Deadline: Monday, Feb 11, 2019
Who We Are:
Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) is one of the nation’s premier public radio stations producing programming for radio, digital and live audiences and operates a 46-station radio network serving nearly all of Minnesota and parts of surrounding states. Reaching 1 million listeners each week, MPR and its three regional services ‘MPR News, Classical MPR and The Current ‘produce programming for radio, digital and live audiences.
American Public Media is the largest station-based public radio organization in the U.S., combining multi-regional station operations, national content creation and distribution in one organization. With a portfolio that includes Live from Here with Chris Thile, BBC World Service, Marketplace and the leading classical music programming in the nation, APM is one of the largest producers of public radio programming in the world. One thousand stations carry American Public Media’s 20-plus national programs. Its multi-regional station operations include 49 public radio stations and 42 translators in the Upper Midwest and California.
As part of the American Public Media (APM) Audience Insights team within Audience Development, this position presents an opportunity to meaningfully contribute to the success of APM’s many digital strategies and properties. As the Digital Analytics Manager you serve as a leader for providing data, analysis, and insights on all digital properties of American Public Media Group, including American Public Media, Minnesota Public Radio (MPR) and Southern California Public Radio (SCPR). Your role works with all departments within the company including but not limited to the many Digital Content teams (News, Classical, The Current, On Demand, Marketplace, Live from Here, etc.), Digital Product Development team, the Executive team, IT, Membership/Development, and Marketing. As the Manager of Digital Analytics, you provide leadership and support for the company’s digital analytics tool selection while monitoring ongoing changes in the industry. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop meaningful metrics to measure the impact of and optimize the company’s digital efforts.
- Develop and manage data-distribution strategy which includes dashboards, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to various stakeholders – create and improve on communication vehicles that make understanding and consumption of digital data easier and more efficient.
- Inform the annual and ongoing digital media goal-setting and KPI development process.
- Manage the delegation of digital responsibilities to team members.
- Familiarize organization and present to company re: digital research data, the digital media industry, and APM’s performance within the context of digital media.
- Lead data validity and reliability efforts of multiple sources along with Technology and Operations
- Manage and validate tracking code and profile ids for website analytics in concert with the Digital Team and IT colleagues.
- Develop and maintain profiles in all web metric tools. Evaluates performance of over 30 web sites for both regional and national services.
- Determine digital audience behavior/demographic segments analyze how web sites meet the needs of key audience segments.
- Work with Chief Digital Officer and other colleagues on digital and mobile initiatives.
- Serve as main internal and external contact for digital-related research questions.
- Manage relationships with outside web analytics vendors and consultants.
- Utilize a wide variety of data sources/tools such as Google Analytics, StreamGuys, Salesforce (including Marketing Cloud and Social Studio), Splunk, Tableau, all social media, etc.
- Train all departments as needed in the use of the company’s digital data and resources.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative, analytical field
- Five or more years experience in Digital Analytics
- Extensive experience with digital analytics tools
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of various site tagging strategies and protocols
- Understanding of AB testing, segmentation, acquisition optimization/SEO, conversion, lead generation, ROI, etc. with a strong grasp of both business and marketing concepts.
- Excellent analytical skills and acute attention to detail
- Strong overall communication skills – must be able to synthesize complex ideas and activities into coherent and compelling narratives that address organizational goals and initiatives
- Demonstrated training and presentation skills to a wide variety of people
- Significant skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated, resourceful with an ability to work independently while maintaining effective communication and accountability
- Ability to direct, train, mentor staff as needed
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in multiple departments/divisions.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and quick turnaround
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new applications
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Database management
Reporting To This Position: Digital Analyst
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
For additional information about this position, please contact: