Application Deadline: Monday, Sep 16, 2019
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation
POSITION: Development Services Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic non-profit professional to join a dynamic fundraising team and help sister stations 90.5 WESA and 91.3 WYEP enrich the community through excellent, award-winning journalism and independent music. The Development Services Coordinator provides administrative and donor service support for the development department, including database management, gift processing, clerical support and general customer service to ensure the fundraising success of Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting.
- Database Management:
- Verification and upload all online donations and transactions
- Run monthly credit card and EFT functions and reconcile reports
- Run all daily, weekly, and monthly processing, including pledge billing, renewals, acknowledgments and thank-you gifts
- Run and distribute reports as needed
- Manage online donor portal, including activating accounts and approving transaction requests
- Run recommended processes and reports to maintain clean records, update addresses, giving history, address any abnormalities
- Analyze data and make recommendations as appropriate
- Assist with segmentation, on-demand functions and importing and exporting data as needed
- Maintain donor records and update them as needed
- Process all mail payments, create daily deposits, manage direct deposit donations and reconcile all batches
- Coordinate credit card recapture and “precapture” process, reaching out to members who payments were declined and whose credit cards are about to expire.
- Coordinate corporate matching gifts program and complete any required paperwork and/or online confirmation and reconciliation for matching gift companies
- Assist with thank-you gift processing and distribution
- Provide customer service support for constituents as needed
- Provide clerical support for development team
- Attend and participate in weekly team meetings and other meetings as directed
- Coordinate e-communications through Mail Chimp as required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized self-starter with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Impeccable discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in all donor matters
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and meet deadlines as required
- Ability to take direction as well as be an enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong judgement, sense of ethics, integrity and accountability
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years previous experience in database management
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in non-profit fundraising and membership management
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, with some long days required during peak fundraising times
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings
- Enthusiasm for the missions of PCBC and its stations.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers. This position will require travel to various events. Typical office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00-6:00, however, evenings and weekend work are occasionally necessary.
PCBC is an independent, locally owned community-supported public media organization. PCBC is home to Pittsburgh’s NPR News station, 90.5 WESA, and 91.3 WYEP, serving Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of Western Pennsylvania. PCBC serves the more than 2 million residents of Pittsburgh and its surrounding communities. The mission of PCBC is to create and distribute trusted content, build connections, and strengthen our community through public media.
- 90.5 WESA was launched in 2011 (in partnership with Pittsburgh’s philanthropic community) with an NPR news format. Its stated mission is “to work for the public to inform people in ways that engage and inspire them to create dialogue about community issues and stories.”
- 91.3 WYEP was founded in 1974 as an all-volunteer community licensed radio station. It broadcasts a diverse offering of adult alternative music, provides community education programs, and presents a large number of highly visible events and concerts in the region. Its mission is to “enrich the community through musical discovery, expression and education.”
In addition to radio programming, both stations play an active role in engaging the community through online and mobile services and in-person events, and have a prominent voice in Pittsburgh’s civic and cultural affairs.
Benefits and More:
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, 403(b) plan with generous matching contributions, paid vacation and holidays, maternity and new parent leave, and a workplace culture that is fun, diverse and innovative.
This position is available immediately, and the search for candidates may be terminated without notice. No phone calls, please.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter, a detailed resume highlighting your specific qualifications, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please let us know how you heard about the position.
Pittsburgh Community Broadcasting Corporation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For additional information about this position, please contact: