Application Deadline: Monday, Dec 31, 2018
The Content Operations Associate facilitates the post production and delivery processes of General Audience shows. The incumbent maintains and updates program material from acceptance through the duration of the project’s rights period.
Essential duties will include, but not limited to:
- Manage program delivery; oversee the post-acceptance process to ensure adherence to programming, packaging, and deliverable guidelines.
- Oversee the completion of Content Services paperwork for incoming programs via ORION and Packaging Forms Producer Portals (including PAA, format, webtags, production credits and media inventory).
- Identify issues arising from program repackaging and coordinate with Director to develop and implement solutions.
- Address issues arising from late arriving broadcast masters and other deliverables.
- Act as a source of information for the genre on internal concerns/queries.
- Screen shows in production for FCC compliance issues and create flag reports for communication to producers; review final screening reports to ensure quality of final product.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements for success
- 2 years of experience working in film/video production and/or post-production capacities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with PBS operations/procedures as well as with public television guidelines/ practices regarding program distribution preferred.
- Experience negotiating with producers on the subject of deliverables and other matters related to broadcast preferred.
- General knowledge of production process and broadcast technology and operation.
- Ability to identify, evaluate, and analyze sensitive or problematic material in programs; ability to ensure, through pre-screening, that program meet PBS packaging guidelines prior to air.
- Working familiarity with the genre of programming.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel and a familiarity with database programming.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to successfully complete multiple projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including solid diplomacy skills .
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances, react to change productively, and handle other essential duties as assigned.
- Ability to work as a team player in a collaborative environment.
- Strong familiarity with public television shows and PBS packaging preferred.
- Understanding of PBS guidelines and practices with respect to program distribution preferred.
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities