Application Deadline: Friday, Jun 14, 2019
Reporting to the Chief Progress Officer, the Annual Fund Director maintains an active donor portfolio of mid-level donors and actively feeds the major and legacy giving pipelines from our membership program. The AF Director works with the fundraising team to develop and implement a fully integrated fundraising strategy across all methods of solicitation and manages staff and vendor relationships to ensure timely execution of plans. This position works closely with the Director of Philanthropy and Stewardship, the Database Manager and the Database Coordinator.
The ideal candidate has 3-5 years of annual fund experience, is creative, and passionate about the mission and value of public media. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and collaborative self-starter with superior communication and interpersonal skills to engage donors, board members, and volunteers. Must be able to articulate the case for support for The Public’s Radio effectively and persuasively and serve as an effective ambassador within communities in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Managing The Public’s Radio donor pool of $1-$999 through mail, e-communications, pledge drives, events, and in person visits.
- Managing a portfolio of up to 100 donors including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individuals with an eye to who has the ability to give at the $1K+ level. Must be comfortable with one-on-one and team visits.
- Responsible for up to 4 pledge drives a year that mirrors our integrated messaging, develops scripts, oversees timely premium fulfillment and gift acknowledgements.
- Works with the Chief Progress Officer and Director of Philanthropy and Stewardship on communication strategies and messaging across all giving platforms.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the Database Manager to ensure our database management is constantly improving, data is pulled for communications, and reports are built as needed.
- Fosters the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving. The Director provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program while supporting major giving and capital campaign goals.
The Public’s Radio provides the perfect environment for an independent professional looking to join a non-profit journalism institution on a steep growth path. We offer a competitive salary and benefits include health, dental, and vision, a flexible spending plan, 401K, parking, plus fully paid Life and LTD insurance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Raisers Edge or a comparable relational database
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sense of humor
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a non-profit development office
- Experience working with boards and high level donors
- Experiencing identifying, cultivating, and soliciting gifts
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a dynamic team
- Familiarity with the regional philanthropic communities in Rhode Island and southeastern Massachusetts
- Public radio pledge drive experience is a plus, but not essential
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Windows Office Suite