Application Deadline: Friday, Mar 01, 2019
Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) is the only statewide public media network in Arkansas. Broadcasting on KETS (Little Rock), KEMV (Mountain View), KETG (Arkadelphia), KAFT (Fayetteville), KTEJ (Jonesboro), KETZ (El Dorado) and available online (aetn.org) and on multiple digital platforms, AETN delivers local, award-winning productions and trusted PBS programming that enhances lives and provides lifelong learning opportunities for audiences of all ages.
AETN is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative Chief Technology Officer with the vision and the technical expertise to lead the organization through a pivotal time of technological convergence and the expansion of multiplatform production and delivery systems.
We are looking for a creative and visionary technology leader with exceptional interpersonal skills who can translate ideas into action, effectively manage complex projects; and accomplish ambitious goals via strong leadership and effective management.
The CTO will oversee media and information technology, broadcast and digital distribution, engineering, facilities and infrastructure services. He or she will be responsible for the planning, management and overall supervision of the Engineering Department, IT & Enterprise Systems, Media Engineering, and Systems Engineering & Integration for AETN; ensuring the highest possible quality of broadcast and production of on-air programs and digital services to external and internal customers. The CTO will also work with Senior Leadership to develop, budget and implement an organizational technology strategy that serves both current and future needs in an evolving media environment.
The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of the role technology plays in today’s media business models; a vision for how information technology and broadcast infrastructure processes support the operations of a multi-faceted media company; and be able to effectively leverage emerging technology and a team of knowledgeable engineering and media professionals to deliver transformational organizational impact. This position guides a staff of more than a dozen employees with direct reports who oversee broadcast engineering, RF transmission and information systems.
Desired Qualifications include:
- Minimum six years of management experience in Television broadcast processes with a strong understanding of the technology necessary to support a growing multiplatform digital presence.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analog and digital technology for broadcast and production.
- Knowledge of broadcast networks, equipment, software programs and systems as applied to the effective delivery of television signals via broadcast and IPTV.
- Proven ability to manage staff, prioritize objectives, maintain technical and RF facilities; including the maintenance plans and technical requirements of remote microwave and transmitter sites
- Knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience leading a cross-functional teams to support organizational goals, managing complex projects, large budgets, setting and accomplishing goals while managing dynamic priorities.
- Demonstrated skill and successful experience in organizational change and transition management, including creating efficiencies, and implementing new and emerging technologies, including new/revised work processes.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated emotional intelligence: empathy, trust, integrity and social sensitivity.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability and availability to coordinate 24/7 response to technical emergencies.
- Ability to anticipate and express the business impact of emerging technologies.
- Ability and desire to attain a cutting-edge organizational knowledge base by interfacing with leading broadcast professionals and researching relevant technical literature to maintain up to date broadcast engineering skills and knowledge of ATSC 3.0, IPTV, SMPTE standards and other forward-looking IT and broadcast technical systems and solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise in cost control and financial forecasting related to media technology.
- An understanding of the workings of a statewide public broadcasting network is a plus.
STATE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The formal education equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a related field; plus, six (6) years of progressively more responsible experience in the areas of broadcast management and finance, including three (3) years in a professional supervisory capacity.
A background check is required. Apply online at www.arstatejobs.com.
Only completed state applications with work history will be accepted. We do not accept resumes in lieu of completing the state application. AA/EEO/ADA Employer – Workplace Winner of the Governor’s Mature Workers Ambassador Award and named as a Governor’s Work-Life Balance Ambassador.