Application Deadline: Saturday, Apr 20, 2019
DO YOU LOVE PUBLIC RADIO?
CHECK OUT THIS MULTI-PLATFORM SALES OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE IN AUSTIN
Combine Your Love of Sales with Your Affinity for KUT | KUTX
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our public media sales team representing KUT News 90.5 and KUTX Music 98.9 in Austin, TX. This is an exceptional opportunity for a mission-minded and innovative person to join our team and generate sponsorship revenue for radio, on-demand audio, digital media and events. Make an impact while working with a team of smart, creative, collaborative colleagues.
In this outside sales position, you will sell broadcast, digital media and event sponsorships by developing new business and growing an account list.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local digital media. In this consultative sales role, you will make sales calls to decision-makers at local businesses to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a full life-cycle sales position – you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals supported by relevant research, secure the sale, develop copy and service the account
Key Qualities and Skills You Possess
- Experience in media sales or agency– 3 years in print or digital preferred
- 4-year degree in marketing, business, communications or related field
- Passion for public media! We are looking for a BIG fan that is knowledgeable about KUT | KUTX programming and events.
- Ability to open doors and close new business by using a disciplined sales process
- Time and resource management skills
- Capacity to gather market data and use it to sell multiple media platforms
- Technology skills: Online CRM, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Knack for cultivating in-person and virtual relationships built on service, trust and credibility. Patient yet persistent to manage a longer sales cycle.
- Persuasive verbal communication skills and written presentation skills
- Collaborative personality, respectful, supportive and professional
- Positive attitude and thoughtful demeanor
- Commitment to professional, timely execution of work activities
About Market Enginuity
Market Enginuity fuels mission-driven, educational and inspiring independent media to benefit stations, producers, sponsors and audiences.
Our affinity with public media began personally as viewers, listeners and donors to our hometown stations. For almost two decades we’ve increased our contributions, building the largest team in the country that specializes in corporate sponsorship sales. The passion is still personal and carried by more than 150 people ingrained in the communities where we live and work.
Market Enginuity attracts the best people who together create the standard of excellence for corporate support in public media in nearly 20 markets across the country.
About Our Client KUT | KUTX
KUT and KUTX create experiences that deepen understanding and connect people. Committed to authenticity, craft, context and the unique power of the human voice in all its forms, KUT 90.5, Austin’s NPR station, and its sister station KUTX 98.9, the Austin Music Experience, strive to provide content that reflects the broad interests and tastes of the Austin audience. KUT and KUTX are leading sources for knowledge and ideas that enrich and sustain greater Austin’s unique sense of place, cultural identity and position as a center of leadership. KUT and KUTX informs, inspires and engages while serving as the most trusted source for news, information and the Austin music experience.
Through collaboration with smart, dedicated and talented people who reflect what Austin is all about, KUT and KUTX reflect every side of the diverse, creative community – from the weird to the refined. Committed to delivering in-depth news coverage through a local lens, KUT and KUTX is devoted to diverse, intelligent explorations in local music, lifestyle and culture.
Market Enginuity Offers
- Market competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package designed to protect you and your family: medical, dental, vision, tax-favored spending accounts, disability and life plans, employee assistance program, pet insurance and retirement savings 401(k) plan
- Opportunities for rest, relaxation and personal pursuits with Paid Time Off and holidays
- Smart, creative, and collaborative colleagues
- Core values that serve as the foundation of our culture and are infused into the way we work
For additional information about this position, please contact: