To help you grow your new member file, Greater Public offers acquisition list co-ops three times a year. There are no list minimums so you can register for one, two, or all three buys.
Stations of all sizes and formats are welcome to participate. Most mail dates have a 10-12 week range so you can send them at the time that will best support your fundraising plan. If you’d like to learn more about how acquisition mail can grow your program, here’s a brief article.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much should I budget?
- If you are ordering 7,500 or more names, figure $145 per thousand names.
- If you order fewer than 7,500 names, your cost could range from 18 to 24 cents per name or $180 – $240 per thousand.
Remember that you’ll be suppressing your current members, and that some names will appear on more than one list, so plan to order 35-45% more names than you want to mail.
Why is it more expensive to order fewer names?
Fixed costs remain the same regardless of the quantity ordered. With smaller orders, those costs are spread over fewer names.
Why do I have to register so early?
Everyone registers three months prior to the first allowable mail date so we can make sure your names are delivered on schedule.
How do I sign up?
Please read the co-op requirements and specifications, which provide background, definitions, expectations, and responsibilities.
Fall 2020 dates are open. To sign up to participate in the upcoming acquisition list co-op buy, fill out the online form. By submitting the form, you are agreeing to the terms outlined in the form and on this page. If you have questions or would like to learn more please contact Donna Han.
Current and Future Co-op List Dates
Enroll now! Winter 2020-21
- August 13, 2020: Absolute last day to register for co-op acquisition
- September 4, 2020: Last day to submit station RESULTS to inform recommended buy plans
- September 11, 2020: Greater Public sends list counts/list plans to stations (last day to withdraw from co-op without penalty)
- September 18, 2020: Absolute last day to place order
- October 23, 2020: Gross files (pre merge/purge) available to stations for merge purge
- December 1, 2020 – February 26, 2021: Approved mail date range
- November 9, 2020: Absolutely last day to register for acquisition co-op names for use March 1 – June 30, 2021
- December 3, 2020: Last day to submit station RESULTS to inform recommended buy plans
- December 9, 2020: Greater Public sends list counts/list plans to stations (last day to withdraw from co-op without penalty)
- December 16, 2020: Absolute last day to place order
- January 25, 2021: Gross files (pre merge/purge) available to stations for merge purge
- March 1 – June 30, 2021: Approved mail date range
Still have questions?
Please fill out the form below and we will be in touch to gather more information.
Co-Op and Collaborative Information
In compliance with CPB Donor List Compliance Policies, Greater Public neither as a corporation nor through its co-op opportunities, sells, rents, leases, loans, trades, gives, donates, transfers or exchanges membership or donor names to, with, or from any candidate for federal, state or local office, political committees, or political parties for any purpose whatsoever.